top of page
  • Rishabh Asudani

Age- a Number, not a Barrier

Age is usually termed as just the number of years one has been alive, but that is not the only number represented by it. It actually represents at least two numbers—your chronological age and your biological age. Chronological age is the one you count with birthday candles. Biological age is trickier to pin down. Also referred to as physiological age, it takes many lifestyle factors into consideration, including diet, exercise and sleeping habits, to name a few.


How we age is beyond our control. Every individual has a goal in their mind, no matter how small it may be. They have a goal to strive for greater things and to be a better, more successful person than they were yesterday. However, there are about 92 per cent of people who only dream, with their eyes closed. Dream about achieving their goals and everything they aspire to have, but are not awake to see themselves achieve what they put their everything into, don’t have their eyes open to work for what they wish to attain. Most people consider giving up because they feel that they are too “Young'' and “Unprepared” to take up the challenge before even trying. They feel that their competitors have an upper hand on them only because of their chronological age. 92 percent of people give up before even trying, but there are people in the remaining 8 percent too. One of these is Ritesh Sharma, who is India's Youngest billionaire. He did not let any obstacle come his way which said that his age would prove to be a barrier in his practical mindedness. Srihari Nataraj, who is only 20 years old is the youngest swimmer to qualify for the Olympics in Tokyo 2021. Most people are of the opinion that after the age of 60 people become weak and dependent on others for their survival, but Milkha Singh, the Flying Sikh, even at the age of 94 was fit as ever and could still run, proving to all the people with this belief wrong.


Age is just a number. It carries no weight. The real weight is in impacts. Get up and be willing to leave a mark. If we have a goal in life, let nothing come in the way to conquer it, especially not the age factor.


SRIHARI NATARAJ

INDIAN SWIMMER

YOUNGEST TO REPRESENT INDIA IN THE OLYMPICS

REPRESENTING INDIA IN 100 M BACKSTROKE EVENT AT THE

TOKYO OLYMPICS 2021.


87 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


Post: Blog2 Post
bottom of page